Andaluz by Fiona Dunlop & John Boos Artisan BoardAugust 20, 2019 by Jenny
- 1 lb (500 g) blanched almonds
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4¼ cups (1 liter) water
- 2 cups (500 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, plus more if needed
- 1 lb (500 g) mild flavored apples like Golden Delicious, peeled and cored
- 9 oz (250 g) fig roll (see recipe p. 132), finely diced
- Handful of arugula or dill, to garnish
The number one name in cutting and carving boards is John Boos. To celebrate our tenth year here at EYB, John Boos is joining the party by offering one of our members their latest Artisan board, pictured above. This is my third piece by Boos that has taken residency in my kitchen and is so incredibly handy. I use it far more than the larger boards for chopping vegetables with the bonus is that it makes a great serving board for cheese, jams, honeys.
Special thanks to Interlink books for providing two copies of Andaluz and John Boos for offering one of their Artisan boards in our giveaway below to one grand prize winner.
The publisher is offering 2 copies of Andaluz and John Boos’ is providing one of those winners their artisan board shown above. This contest is open to EYB Members in the US. Two of the entry options are to answer the following questions in the comments section of this blog post.
Which recipe in the index would you try first?
Visit John Boos‘ and leave a second comment here about which board is your favorite.
Please note that you must be logged into the Rafflecopter contest before posting or your entry won’t be counted. For more information on this process, please see our step-by-step help post and this forum post. Once you log in and enter your member name you will be directed to the next entry option – the blog comment. After that, there are additional options that you can complete for more entries.Be sure to check your spam filters to receive our email notifications. Prizes can take up to 6 weeks to arrive from the publishers. If you are not already a Member, you can join at no cost. The contest ends at midnight on October 25th, 2019.
Recipe excerpt from Andaluz: A Food Journey through Southern Spain, by Fiona Dunlop, published by Interlink Books, recipe copyright © Fiona Dunlop, 2019, p. 99.a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Rinshin on Ya gotta keep ’em separated
- PatBarrett on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- michelle666 on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- ClaireHamilton on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- humptybren on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- grumpygraham on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- DimensionAEB on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway