Fundraiser for cookbook author devastated by floodMarch 29, 2019 by Darcie
You may not have heard of Nimi Sunilkumar, but she is an award-winning cookbook author and cooking instructor based in Kerala, India. She has given lessons to thousands of foreigners and is the author of the best books on Kerala’s cuisine. Last August, a flood in Kerala wiped out Sunilkumar’s home and teaching kitchen.
A former student of Sunilkumar, Iris Amdur, created a fundraiser to help rebuild Nimi’s home, which incurred significant structural and moisture-related damage. It just so happened that Amdur is a sustainable building consultant, so she was able to come up with a cost-saving design for the new structure. It will be built using decommissioned shipping containers.
The link above takes you to the fundraiser if you are interested in helping, Additionally, you can visit Nimi’s website to view her recipes and order her cookbooks. She ships internationally, so everyone should be able to purchase a book if they wish to do so.
- All Posts (6269)
- Antipasto (1828)
- Author Articles (238)
- Book News (897)
- Cookbook Giveaways (891)
- Cookbook Lovers (246)
- Cooking Tips (90)
- Culinary News (289)
- Food Biz People (523)
- Food Online (725)
- Holidays & Celebrations (239)
- New Cookbooks (129)
- Recipes (1374)
- Shelf Life With Susie (231)
- What's New on EYB (122)
- aperault on Cookbook Giveaway: Salt of the Earth: Secrets of a Greek Kitchen
- CCF4 on Pasta Masterclass Cookbook Giveaway
- aperault on Cookbook & Prize Package Giveaway: Italy on a Plate
- Spud13 on Pasta Masterclass Cookbook Giveaway
- yvettelee on Finally some good news about food prices
- JEWGAL777 on Cookbook Giveaway: Cake & Loaf Gatherings
- Peter on Pasta Masterclass Cookbook Giveaway
- JEWGAL777 on Cookbook Giveaway: Pieminister Live & Eat Pie!
- Rella on All things cookbook care, management and organizational roundup
- rstuart on Cookbook Giveaway: Dark Rye & Honey Cake