Cocktail Codex PromotionMarch 24, 2019 by Jenny
- why some cocktails work, and others don’t,
- when to shake and when to stir,
- what you can omit and what you can substitute when you’re missing ingredients,
- why you like the drinks you do,
- what sorts of drinks you should turn to or invent if you want to try something new.
- stunning, modern photography
- explicit instructions dedicated to each minute detail such as “how to shake with 1-inch ice cubes”
- root recipes, core recipes, classic recipes, variations
- helpful guides such as “common citrus fruits and their cocktail applications”
- glassware suggestions, bottle recommendations
- special clarifications for certain ingredients such as kieselsol or agar
- and many, many other reasons
- Champagne cocktail
- Cold girl fever
- Ned Ryerson
- Autumn old-fashioned
- Bad Santa
- Beach bonfire
I am so mesmerized by this book that I have the Death & Co. original cookbook on my wish list. I’m told that the debut title is more complicated with many sub-recipes but the photography looks stunning. If it is half as beautiful as this book, I will be pleased (or should I say I will drink to that?). I’ve decided it’s time to go on a liquid diet. Bottoms up.
Special thanks to Ten Speed Press for sharing the materials needed for our EYBD Preview and for providing one copy of this book in our giveaway below.
The publisher is offering one copy of this book to EYB Members in the US & Canada. One of the entry options is to answer the following question in the comments section of this blog post.
Which recipe in the index would you try first?
Please note that you must be logged into the Rafflecopter contest before posting or your entry won’t be counted. For more information on this process, please see our step-by-step help post and this forum post. Once you log in and enter your member name you will be directed to the next entry option – the blog comment. After that, there are additional options that you can complete for more entries. Be sure to check your spam filters to receive our email notifications. Prizes can take up to 6 weeks to arrive from the publishers. If you are not already a Member, you can join at no cost. The contest ends at midnight on May 18th, 2019.
Excerpt for our EYBD Preview used with permission of Ten Speed Press. Taken from Cocktail Codex by Alex Day, Nick Fauchald and David Kaplan. Photographs by Dylan James Ho and Jeni Afuso. Illustrations by Tim Tomkinson ®2019
- Yatota74 on Yiayia: Time-perfected Recipes from Greece’s Grandmothers
- Ishtar on Malta – Cookbook Giveaway
- nats7 on Yiayia: Time-perfected Recipes from Greece’s Grandmothers
- Isis1981uk on Yiayia: Time-perfected Recipes from Greece’s Grandmothers
- chrissyfaery on Yiayia: Time-perfected Recipes from Greece’s Grandmothers
- tmjellicoe on Break out the good china: what you serve your food on matters
- bittrette on Do you make the ‘orphan recipes’ in cookbooks?
- kmn4 on Hotpot Queen – Review & Giveaway
- Ade123 on Time & Tide Cookbook Giveaway
- EmilyR on Break out the good china: what you serve your food on matters