Page Street Publishing Titles – Win a Library of TitlesJanuary 19, 2019 by Jenny
Cookbook publishers are knocking it out of the park by releasing titles that are not only beautiful but fresh and exciting. Everything from ethnic cuisines, challenging pastry recipes to involved techniques utilizing a world of electronic appliances that a home cook might never think of touching (think sous vide) are available. Cookbooks (and the infamous Instant Pot®) have made pressure cooking cool again, bread baking approachable and artisanal pizza – no problem.
Page Street Publishing publishes dozens of cookbooks a year covering myraid subjects. Today, I want to bring you a roundup of certain of their 2018 releases along with a giveaway for a dozen of those books below!
For the purposes of this post, I will share a small blurb about each title unless I link to a previous review. Books that have an EYBD Preview are indicated and we will be working on previews for the remaining titles. So many great books!
- From the North: A Simple and Modern Approach to Authentic Nordic Cooking by Katrin Bjork (review)
- The Cookie Book: Decadent Bites for Every Occasion by Rebecca Firth (review)
- Masala & Meatballs: Incredible Indian Dishes with an American Twist by Asha Shivakumar (review)
- Black Girl Baking: Wholesome Recipes Inspired by a Soulful Upbringing by Jerrelle Guy ( review)
- The European Cake Cookbook: Discover a New World of Decadence from the Celebrated Traditions of European Baking by Tatyana Nesteruk ( review)
- The Taartwork Pies Cookbook by Brittany Bennett ( review)
- Colossal Cookies: 100 Outrageously Oversized Treats That Change the Baking Game by Wendy Kou delivers a fresh and accessible approach to desserts in the form of massive cookies. These sizeable cookies are made for sharing and bring the same wow-factor as cakes but with none of the pressure. The recipes here are perfect for entertaining, game day or when you just don’t want to scoop out dozens of cookies!
- Flavors of Africa: Discover Authentic Family Recipes from All Over the Continent by Evi Aki shares the traditional Nigerian dishes she grew up enjoying, as well as typical eats from all across the continent. The author introduces customary recipes from each of Africa’s different regions, including meals from Ethiopia, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Morocco, Egypt, Angola and more, all of which she collected with the help of relatives and family friends.
- French Pastry 101: Beautiful Baking Classics That Take One Hour or Less by Betty Hung makes the classic art of French baking more approachable than ever. Most of Betty’s recipes only take an hour, which makes it much less daunting for beginners and fun for more experienced time-crunched bakers.
- The Best
Comfort Food on the Planet by Kerry
Altiero and Katherine Gaudet levels up comfort food by
taking an ordinary mac’n cheese and delivering a Lobster mac ‘n
cheese or adding Thai sweet chili sauce to pizza.
- Chinese Heritage Cooking from My American Kitchen: Discover Authentic Flavors with Vibrant, Modern Recipes by Shirley Chung is the Top Chef finalist’s first cookbook. Shirley transforms familiar staples into exciting, modern dishes.
- Authentic Italian Desserts: 75 Traditional Treats for the Non-Italian Baker by Rosemary Molloy presents authentic recipes passed down from her Italian relatives, bringing quintessential Italian desserts to your table. She brings authenticity to each creation, drawing on her experience as a Canadian living in Rome for the past 20 years.
- The Art of the Perfect Sauce: 75 Recipes to Take Your Dishes from Ordinary to Extraordinary by Lorilynn Bauer and Ramin Ganeshram will help you breathe new life into your dinners with tasty sauces that are a breeze to make.
- Vegan Cooking in Your Air Fryer: 75 Incredible Comfort Food Recipes with Half the Calories by Kathy Hester provides plant-based dishes with all the decadence of fried food without the added calories. Kathy is the vegan queen and her recipes never fail.
- Weeknight Cooking with Your Instant Pot: Simple Family-Friendly Meals Made Better in Half the Time by Kristy Bernardo makes it easy to serve a flavorful home-cooked dinner even on your busiest days.
- Gourmet Cooking for One or Two: Incredible Meals that are Small in Size but Big on Flavor by April Anderson provides must-have comfort food-inspired recipes full of the flavors you’d expect in a large casserole, soup or stew, but scaled down to just one or two servings.
- Taste of Eastern India: Delicious, Authentic Bengali Meals You Need to Try by Kankana Saxena, creator of the popular food blog Playful Cooking, brings fun back to the kitchen with recipes inspired by her upbringing in India.
- My Modern Caribbean Kitchen: 70 Fresh Takes on Island Favorites by Julius Jackson delivers the award winning chef’s dishes that share unique and bold flavors that are inspiring trendy Caribbean restaurants worldwide.
- Korean Paleo: 80 Bold-Flavored, Gluten- and Grain-Free Recipes by Jean Choi shares healthier versions of all your Korean favorites with the author’s innovative spin on her family’s traditional recipes.
- The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook: The Must-Have Resource for Plant-Based Eaters by Emily Von Euw, Kathy Hester, Amber St. Peter, Marie Reginato, Celine Steen, Linda Meyer, and Alex Meyer shares 600 recipes and 80 full color photos from seven top vegan authorities.
- Naturally Sweet Vegan Treats: Plant-Based Delights Free From Refined and Artificial Sweeteners by Marisa Alvarsson will satisfy your sweet tooth the healthy way with delicious plant-based treats free from refined sugar and artificial sweeteners. Each recipe is sweetened with natural alternatives like nuts, coconut, spices, vegetables, fruit, maple syrup and coconut sugar, so you can indulge without worrying about unhealthy, chemical additives.
- The Spicy Food Lovers’ Cookbook: Fiery, No-Fuss Meals by Michael Hultquist shares 75 easy recipes for big, bold flavor. Explore peppers, like poblanos, jalapeños and cayennes, along with spice blends, hot sauces and more. As you cook your way through exciting, spice-rich cuisines like Mexican, Italian and Indian, you’ll discover how simple it is to layer pepper varieties and spices for incredible depth of flavor.
- Vegetarian Indian Cooking with Your Instant Pot: Quick, Easy, Healthy Meals Featuring All of the Flavors of India by Manali Singh makes Indian favorites healthier and more approachable with her delicious vegetarian recipes in the incredibly popular Instant Pot.
- Great Vegan Meals for the Carnivorous Family: 75 Delicious Dishes for Herbivores, Carnivores and Everyone in Between by Amanda Logan saves you from having to make double the meals and do double the dishes with 75 meatless, egg-less and dairy-free recipes the whole family will love.
- High Alpine Cuisine: Inspired Dishes from Extraordinary Mountain Escapes Around the World by Marla Meridith delivers stick-to-your-ribs comfort food that will fuel your active day at the same time it transports you to high culture resorts and panoramic mountain vistas.
- The Ultimate One-Pan Oven Cookbook: Complete Meals Using Just Your Sheet Pan, Dutch Oven, Roasting Pan and More by Julia Konovalova founder of popular food blog Imagelicious, knows that time is limited and space in an already overflowing sink of dirty dishes is precious. That’s why Julia began creating her sheet pan recipes: just pop them in the oven and you’ll have a delicious meal in no time with very little clean-up. They’re also healthier since they use less oil and other fats.
- The Weeknight Mediterranean Kitchen: 80 Authentic, Healthy Recipes Made Quick and Easy for Everyday Cooking by Samantha Ferraro puts a modern spin on the most delicious dishes the author grew up eating, making them accessible for a Western audience.
- Mastering the Art of Sous Vide Cooking: Unlock the Versatility of Precision Temperature Cooking by Justice Stewart will show you how incredible one bag meals can be, from determining time and temperature controls, to seasonings and how to properly seal your food to achieve jaw-dropping, perfectly cooked meals.
- Essential Tools, Tips & Techniques for the Home Cook: A Professional Chef Reveals the Secrets to Better Cooking by Michelle Doll brings technique and mastery of one’s tools to life. By understanding the fundamental mechanics of how certain tools impact the way food is cooked, home chefs will make better food, have more fun doing it and eat up the detailed nature of the subject that fascinates them.
- Untraditional Desserts: 100 Classic Treats with a Twist by Allison Miller shares fun twists on traditional treats and innovative indulgences that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Each of the author’s delectable recipes approaches old favorites in brand-new ways that are sure to surprise and delight.
- German Meals at Oma’s: Traditional Dishes for the Home Cook by Gerhild Fulson founder of the blog Just Like Oma, was born in Germany and learned how to make delicious meals by her mother’s side. After years of perfecting her recipes, Gerhild has created this incredible collection that covers well-known dishes from Berlin to Hamburg and everywhere in between.
I’ll finish off with a few titles from this month:
- Amazing Mexican Favorites with Your Instant Pot: 80 Tacos, Burritos, Fajitas and Other Flavor-Packed Recipes by Emily Sunwell-Vidaurri and Rudy Vidaurri brings us the flavors of Mexico at home with minimal effort and time by harnessing the power of your Instant Pot®. Simply toss meat, spices and veggies into the pot, and in a matter of minutes, you’ll be sitting down to mouthwatering tacos, burritos, fajitas, tamales and more, packed with hearty fillings and your favorite toppings.
- 3-Step Slow Cooker Cookbook: Delicious, Hassle-Free Homemade Meals by Drew Maresco, the editor in chief of BestRecipes magazine, shares custom-designed dishes that condense meal prep time, so all you have to do is toss the ingredients into your slow cooker and get back to your busy routine!
- Keto Cooking with Your Instant Pot: Recipes for Fast and Flavorful Ketogenic Meals by Dr. Karen S. Lee is a versatile collection of recipes to help you enjoy all the benefits of the Keto diet, without time-consuming meal prep and planning. Whether your goal is to lose weight, boost your energy or adopt an allaround healthier lifestyle, make your life easier with low-carb, high-fat, sugar-free dishes that the whole family will love. Plus, all of the recipes are made with common, affordable ingredients found in any well-stocked pantry.
The dozen Page Street Publishing titles in the photograph above are available in this giveaway to one winner. This contest is open worldwide. One of the entry options is to answer the following question in the comments section of this blog post.
Which Page Street title would you most like to cook from?
Please note that you must be logged
into the Rafflecopter contest before posting or your entry won’t be
counted. For more information on this process, please see our step-by-step help post and this forum post.
Once you log in and enter your member name you will be directed to
the next entry option – the blog comment. After that, there are
additional options that you can complete for more entries.
Be sure to check your spam filters to receive our email notifications. Prizes can take up to 6 weeks to arrive from the publishers. If you are not already a Member, you can join at no cost. The contest ends at midnight on March 1st, 2019.
- kmwyman on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- dbielick on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- jd5761 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- jd5761 on Sweet Paris, Cake Server and Parisian Tea Towel Giveaway – Quick Bites
- Tattybatts on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- SheenaBatey on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- ickle0ne on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- bopper on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- bopper on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway