New cookbook store to open in BrooklynOctober 29, 2018 by Darcie
We’ve got another exciting cookbook store announcement to share with you, especially if you live in or near New York City. A small cookbook store called Cooking, Cocktails, and Culture is set to open soon in 212 Degraw Street in Cobble Hill (south Brooklyn), according to GrubStreet. The store is owned by rare bookseller Elizabeth Young.
Young believes there is a market for another cookbook store in the city and plans to set hers apart from the others with a slightly different focus. As the name of her store suggests, she will offer a good selection of cocktail books. In addition, CCC will have a section devoted to food memoirs and historically significant works, plus other books people might remember from their childhood. New books will also be on the shelves, as will part of Young’s collection of memorabilia such as vintage restaurant menus.
“I’m trying to bring people who are already interested, to have authors doing their signings and talks for new books, and then introduce them to the older stuff,” Young says. She’s already lined up an author event in late November – make sure to check the World Calendar of Cookbook Events in the coming weeks to see what other events are happening.
- michelle666 on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- ClaireHamilton on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- humptybren on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- grumpygraham on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- DimensionAEB on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- hammygav03 on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Emmamaryd on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- misty33 on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- mumliz on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway