Award-winning author Raghavan Iyer to open new restaurantAugust 14, 2018 by Jenny
Raghavan Iyer’s cookbooks are popular with EYB Members for a reason: the recipes work and they are delicious. Now the award-winning author has his sights set on another challenge – opening a pizza restaurant in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis.
Called Pizza Karma, the new venture will marry pizza with naan bread, with the crust being baked in a clay-lined tandoor oven. The crusts will be topped with ingredients and flavors from all over the world. Iyer hinted at some of the potential offerings: tandoori chicken and pulled pork, with the latter being cooked with red chili-cinnamon paste.
“We believe in good: good food, good people, good times and doing good. We created Pizza Karma because we saw a void in the market for a memorable pizza with true global flavors and ingredients,” Iyer said in a press release. As the restaurant name might suggest, a portion of the restaurant’s proceeds will be donated to local charities.
- sir_ken_g on Everything’s coming up ube
- coryphaeus on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- coryphaeus on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- MarciK on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- vinochic on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- chromiumman on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway