Elderflower-lemon is the combination of the momentMay 25, 2018 by Darcie
Ever since the flavors for the royal wedding cake (baked by Claire Ptak) were announced, social media posts have been buzzing about the combination of elderflower and lemon. Bakeries across the US quickly jumped on the bandwagon, and hundreds of posts on Instagram were tagged with #lemonelderflowercake or #lemonelderflower.
Elderflower has never become as popular in the US as it is in the UK, but that might change now. It isn’t just bakeries that are discovering this harmonious pairing – bars are also using elderflower cordials and syrups in cocktails. The most popular brand of elderflower cordial in the US is St. Germain, although if you dig around you may be able to find other brands.
There’s no doubt that thousands of this season’s wedding cakes will be featuring this delightful pairing. A quick perusal of the EYB Library shows that lemon and elderflower together have been gracing cakes long before the royal wedding, including the Lemon & elderflower drizzle cake from Daisy and the Fox by Nigella Lawson, pictured above. The combination can also be found in other sweets and even a salad or two, such as Leeks, goat’s cheese and spelt salad with lemon and elderflower from Diana Henry.
- PatBarrett on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- michelle666 on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- ClaireHamilton on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- humptybren on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- grumpygraham on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- DimensionAEB on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- hammygav03 on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Emmamaryd on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- misty33 on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway