ABC cancels The ChewMay 23, 2018 by Darcie
ABC’s daytime talk show hosted by celebrity chefs and centered around food, The Chew, is on the chopping block. The network announced that the program, which has faced falling ratings, will end this September. A representative for ABC described the cancellation as a “business decision.”
The Emmy Award-winning program, which has ‘Food. Life. Fun.” as its motto, is currently hosted by chefs Michael Symon and Carla Hall, along with fashion consultant Clinton Kelly. In December, former host Mario Batali was fired due to multiple reports of sexual abuse and harassment.
While the blame can’t solely be laid on Batali’s departure, ratings in the coveted female 18-49 demographic fell 17% since he left the show. Ratings had been dropping prior to last December, but not as drastically. ABC said that new episodes of ‘The Chew’ will continue to air through September. After that time, ‘Good Morning America’ will expand to three hours to fill the time slot.
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Rinshin on Ya gotta keep ’em separated
- PatBarrett on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- michelle666 on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- ClaireHamilton on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- humptybren on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- grumpygraham on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- DimensionAEB on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway