Work begins on Modernist PizzaMarch 20, 2018 by Darcie
It took six years for Nathan Myhrvold to follow up his groundbreaking world Modernist Cuisine with Modernist Bread, which was published last year. You might expect Myhrvold to rest for a bit, but he’s already at work on another project titled Modernist Pizza.
In an announcement on the Modernist Cuisine website last Saturday, the team announced that Myhrvold and Francisco Migoya, who co-authored Modernist Bread, along with the rest of the Modernist Cuisine team, “are busy conducting extensive research, testing long-held pizza-making beliefs, and working to understand the differences between different styles of pizza (as well as the best ways to make each one).”
The team wanted to include pizza in Modernist Bread, but since the book was already a whopping 2,600 pages, they didn’t feel they could do the subject justice without greatly expanding the book. They did include a couple of recipes for pizza in that book, but in the new one they will expand to cover all aspects of the genre, including thick and thin crusts, toppings, types of ovens, and more.
We can expect the same level of research and detail for this book that made up the previous comprehensive (and expensive) multi-volume editions. No release date was set in the announcement, but if you just can’t wait for a slice of Modernist Pizza, you can order a few limited-edition photographs now.
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Rinshin on Ya gotta keep ’em separated
- PatBarrett on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- michelle666 on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- ClaireHamilton on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- humptybren on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- grumpygraham on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- DimensionAEB on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway