‘Molto Mario’ returns for a limited runNovember 26, 2017 by Darcie
It’s been over ten years since Molto Mario last appeared on the Food Network, and twenty years since it debuted. Since 2005, when the show departed the airwaves Mario Batali has become busier and even more famous as co-host of The Chew and with several Eataly locations. Apparently he has a little room in his hectic schedule, however, as he will be returning to the Food Network beginning early in 2018.
Batali will host six new episodes of Molto Mario, the program that propelled him to culinary stardom. In the revamped show, Batali will prepare meals with friends and celebrity guests. There hasn’t been an announcement on who the guests will be, but some likely guesses are Carla Hall and Michael Symon.
Allison Page, general manager of U.S. programming and development for Scripps Networks Interactive, said “What could be better than starting a new year with new episodes of an all-time classic like ‘Molto Mario.’ We are excited to have Mario back home at Food Network.” Will you be tuning in to watch the program?
- Jow on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway
- Jow on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- GrooveHeart on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- cassandralove on Another warning about self-cleaning ovens
- Starry_Joce on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Starry_Joce on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Starry_Joce on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- dafur on Michael Ruhlman mulls over whether food writing is important
- love2chow on Berber&Q: On Vegetables: Cookbook Giveaway
- love2chow on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway