Guild of Food Writers announces 2017’s winnersJune 26, 2017 by Darcie
The Guild of Food Writers is the professional association of food writers and broadcasters in the United Kingdom. Established in 1984, it now has approximately 425 members including authors, broadcasters, columnists and journalists. The Guild recently announced its 2017 award winners at a ceremony held in London.
Sri Owen, the author of several Indonesian and southeast Asian cookbooks and one of the foremost authorities on Indonesian food, took home the Lifetime Achievement Award. Sri’s most recent work is Sri Owen’s Indonesian Food, a new version of her popular 2008 cookbook of the same name.
Rachel Roddy was also a big winner at the awards, nabbing both the Food Writing Award and the Cookery Writing Award for her inspirational work published in The Guardian. The Food Book Award and the Campaigning and Investigative Food Work Award both went to Louise Gray for her book The Ethical Carnivore.
Colman Andrews won the British Food Award for The British Table: A New Look at the Traditional Cooking of England, Scotland, and Wales. Caroline Eden & Eleanor Ford took home the Food and Travel Award for their highly-regarded cookbook Samarkand, which has a five-star rating in the EYB Library.
The First Book Award went to Pete Lawrence for The Allotment Cookbook: Grow, cook and eat with the seasons. Veteran author Fuchsia Dunlop was the recipient of this year’s Cookery Book Award for her excellent tome Land of Fish and Rice: Recipes from the Culinary Heart of China.
The Guild of Food Writers awards are one of the highest accolades in food media and celebrate the very best in professional food writing, broadcasting and publishing. Learn more about the awards and the organization on the Guild’s website.
- foodie16 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- LUmbro on Fine Cooking’s last issue
- Shelmar on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- janv on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- janv on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- FattyNaddy on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- dhiza on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- zeahund on The Wok by J. Kenji López-Alt Worldwide Cookbook Giveaway
- lauren424 on Snackable Bakes Cookbook Giveaway
- JEWGAL777 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway