Add a Pinch – Robyn StoneApril 24, 2017 by Jenny
Add a Pinch: Easier, Faster,
Fresher Southern Classics by popular blogger, Robyn Stone, puts
fresh ingredients center stage in slow cooker meals, casseroles and
one-dish suppers, salads, soups, and desserts that have deep,
satisfying flavors but are a cinch to make.
Smart swaps like Greek yogurt for mayo in pimento cheese and cauliflower “rice” put a modern spin on these dishes. I have made many recipes from Robyn’s blog – Add a Pinch – and her yellow and chocolate cake recipes are my go to. In fact, I’m making her chocolate cake recipe for my husband’s birthday tomorrow. It is perfect.
My only complaint is that I wished she had more of her fantastic
dessert recipes in this book – especially her cake recipes that I
mentioned above. I am one of those people who doesn’t mind recipes
from the blog or website that make their way into the book.
Overall, this is a beautiful cookbook with family type recipes –
Pot Roast with Root Vegetables, Balsamic Beef, and Grandmother’s
Chicken and Dumplings for example. Another bonus is her leftover
makeover tips and recipes (as shown in the salmon recipe
Special thanks to Robyn and Clarkson Potter for sharing the recipe below with our members today. Be sure to head over to our contest page for your chance to win a copy of this book.
BROWN SUGAR BAKED SALMON AND VEGETABLES SERVES 6
Salmon is another favorite fish in my house. I could eat it every single day and be a happy girl! And it’s so good for you too. This savory-sweet one-dish meal is one of my favorite ways to prepare it-especially for busy weeknights. I prefer to use wild-caught Alaskan salmon, so I stock up when it’s in season or I find a great sale.
Add this recipe to your Bookshelf (click the blue +Bookshelf button)
- All Posts (6269)
- Antipasto (1828)
- Author Articles (238)
- Book News (897)
- Cookbook Giveaways (891)
- Cookbook Lovers (246)
- Cooking Tips (90)
- Culinary News (289)
- Food Biz People (523)
- Food Online (725)
- Holidays & Celebrations (239)
- New Cookbooks (129)
- Recipes (1374)
- Shelf Life With Susie (231)
- What's New on EYB (122)
- aperault on Cookbook Giveaway: Salt of the Earth: Secrets of a Greek Kitchen
- CCF4 on Pasta Masterclass Cookbook Giveaway
- aperault on Cookbook & Prize Package Giveaway: Italy on a Plate
- Spud13 on Pasta Masterclass Cookbook Giveaway
- yvettelee on Finally some good news about food prices
- JEWGAL777 on Cookbook Giveaway: Cake & Loaf Gatherings
- Peter on Pasta Masterclass Cookbook Giveaway
- JEWGAL777 on Cookbook Giveaway: Pieminister Live & Eat Pie!
- Rella on All things cookbook care, management and organizational roundup
- rstuart on Cookbook Giveaway: Dark Rye & Honey Cake