A ‘food amusement park’ to open in Bologna next yearDecember 26, 2016 by Darcie
An “Italian-specialty-food amusement park” named FICO Eataly World is on schedule to open its door in Bologna, Italy in September 2017, according to Grub Street. The massive establishment has been plagued by delays and higher-than-expected costs.
Set on a 20-acre site, FICO Eataly World will have 2.5 acres of orchards, gardens, and pastures; 40 workshops where you can watch pasta and cheeses being made; and 25 different places to eat. The focus is on sustainability and the location includes 44,000 solar panels-the most on a single property in Europe.
Over six million visitiors per year are expected; with about one-third of those people outside of Italy. The map above shows Eataly World’s six multimedia experiences. According to FICO Eataly World website, the goal is to be a “reference venue for the dissemination of knowledge on Italian food and wines, the meeting place for all those who love food and wish to discover its secrets and traditions.”
- zeeenie on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- zeeenie on New European Baking – Cookbook & Emile Henry Bread Cloche Giveaway and Quick Bites
- ebs on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Holiday Cookies & Cocktails Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Cassoulet Confessions Book Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Pasta Grannies Comfort Cooking – Cookbook Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on The Cocktail Cabinet Cookbook Giveaway & Quick Bites
- e4b4 on New European Baking – Cookbook & Emile Henry Bread Cloche Giveaway and Quick Bites
- joke7 on The Complete Chinese Takeout Cookbook Giveaway