World food photography award winners announcedApril 25, 2014 by Darcie
If you agree that the next best thing to reading cookbooks is looking at gorgeous food photographs, you will want to view the winners of the annual Pink Lady Food Photographer competition. This year’s overall winner was Tessa Bunney (of the UK/Lao PDR) for her photograph, Noodle Making (pictured above). The picture also won the Philip Harben Award for the “Food in Action” category. The judges praised the image for “its beautiful composition, the expression of utter absorption on its subject’s face, and the capture of a perfect moment in time as the noodle dough flies through the air.” Other winners include Louise Lister (Australia) for a stunning photo of a spanner crab, David Thompson (UK) for a photo depicting the making of Jian Bao (dumplings), and Manuela Ruther (Germany) for a striking photo of a cabbage.
In addition to the slideshow linked above, you can view the winners by watching a BBC video with commentary by food critic and competition judge Jay Rayner.
Photo courtesy The Telegraph
- EasyBakeThis on All Day Baking – Cookbook Giveaway
- EasyBakeThis on Everyday Entertaining Cookbook Giveaway
- EasyBakeThis on Baked to Perfection – Cookbook Giveaway
- EasyBakeThis on The Modern Preserver’s Kitchen Cookbook Giveaway
- EasyBakeThis on Bowls & Broths Cookbook Giveaway
- EasyBakeThis on Amber & Rye Cookbook Giveaway
- EasyBakeThis on Baking with Dorie & Emile Henry Tarte Tatin baker Giveaway
- EasyBakeThis on Liguria – Cookbook Giveaway
- EasyBakeThis on Peace, Love & Pasta – Cookbook Giveaway with a Pasta Machine
- MaineDruid on Baking with Dorie & Emile Henry Tarte Tatin baker Giveaway