Romantic recipesFebruary 10, 2014 by Darcie
Friday is Valentine’s Day, so if you haven’t yet planned the romantic dinner to sweep your significant other off his or her feet, you better start straight away. My romantic dinner will include a fried bologna sandwich (that’s what he wants) and red velvet cheesecake (that’s what I want).
So many Valentine’s Day recipes revolve around standbys like steak and chocolate, but I prefer less traditional fare. Lobster is standard Valentine’s Day fodder; why not try a sexy fish stew instead? Or you could make Rob’s seduction sole if stew doesn’t suit your fancy.
Roses are quintessentially romantic, but buying a dozen roses is trite. Instead, start your passionate evening with a Coming Up Roses cocktail. Then move on to tomato roses on a bed of cannellini bean puree or Persian stuffed dumpling squash with rose petals. Speaking of dumplings, Jamie Oliver’s love dumplings recipe certainly sounds cozy.
If whimsy is your middle name, forego the steak and make a heart-shaped meatloaf. Or you can make the “Whale you be my Valentine?” cookies from Bakerella. And if you’re a fool for love, you can always make Valentine’s honey fools for your honey.
Still undecided? Peruse hundreds of romantic recipes in the EYB library. I hope you’ll bee my valentine.
- Lesevans6 on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- mumliz on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Yatota74 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- zeeenie on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Lesevans6 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- angiejackson on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- DimensionAEB on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- hillsboroks on Panna cotta is having a moment
- sheridarby on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Isis1981uk on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway