Bowled over? Here are game day alternativesFebruary 2, 2014 by Darcie
In the United States, many people are busy preparing for their Super Bowl parties, making dips, chili, snacks and even entire stadiums made out of food in anticipation of today’s championship football game. Meanwhile, across either ocean, people are scratching their heads wondering why Americans (and Canadians) call this sport, which mainly uses hands and a “ball” that is not at all round, football. But not everyone in the U.S. will be watching the game (or the commercials, which are almost as popular), and are looking for alternatives.
Luckily, the folks at epicurious.com compiled a top-10 list for food lovers to do instead of watching the game, which includes making the cinnamon rolls pictured above, as well as homemade marshmallows and great Southern biscuits. But perhaps you are seeking a bigger challenge than plain biscuits. You can always try Cat Head Biscuits or Apple Stuffed Biscuit Buns. If you are looking for a full meal to go with those biscuits, try a pork tenderloin with buttermilk biscuits and tomato thyme gravy.
photo by Kelly Senyai courtesy of epicurious.com
- Lesevans6 on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- mumliz on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Yatota74 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- zeeenie on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Lesevans6 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- angiejackson on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- DimensionAEB on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- hillsboroks on Panna cotta is having a moment
- sheridarby on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Isis1981uk on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway