Honoring Julia Child’s birthdayAugust 15, 2013 by Lindsay
Today, Julia Child would have been 101 years old. So we thought we’d pause from all those weighty issues we normally discuss and take a moment to appreciate the grande dame of cooking. And what better way to do so than actually watch her at work? So if any of you have a moment, here’s one of our favorite videos of Julia – Roasting a Chicken – if nothing else, watching the introduction will suffice to make you smile and remember.
And, if you’d to truly honor her, why not cook one of her recipes? Just look up one of her recipes from all these Julia Child books that our members own.
- Jow on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway
- Jow on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- GrooveHeart on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- cassandralove on Another warning about self-cleaning ovens
- Starry_Joce on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- Starry_Joce on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Starry_Joce on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- dafur on Michael Ruhlman mulls over whether food writing is important
- love2chow on Berber&Q: On Vegetables: Cookbook Giveaway
- love2chow on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway