Julia Child comes to life in a new, different type of appApril 17, 2013 by Lindsay
Since many of you enjoy our occasional notices of interesting food-related apps, we wanted to alert you to one that Random House, the long time publisher for Julia Child, has issued – it’s a unique app that is far more than just a cooking app. In AppStorm’s just-published review of the app Mastering the Art of French Cooking, they describe this iPad app as follows:
“Mastering the Art of French Cooking tells the story of Julia’s life through a multi-media experience including audio anecdotes, rare photographs of Julia Child, original typed and handwritten letters plus vintage instructional videos by the cook herself.
This app is for Francophiles, die-hard fans of the legendary Julia Child, serious foodies and even (especially) freshman cooks. Random House, Inc. has masterfully packaged Julia’s wisdom in an app that’s everything to everyone – fresh and modern food photography paired with timeless techniques and the most popular of Julia’s recipes.”
App Storm proceeds to show the app in detail; you can read about all the details here, and figure out why they give it a 10/10. We should also note that the iTunes store also rated it “Best of 2012.” It costs $4.99 and can be downloaded here.
- Sfgordon on Delicious Gatherings: Recipes to Celebrate Together Prize Package
- cellenly on Around the Table – Cookbook Giveaway
- cellenly on Simply Chinese – Cookbook Giveaway
- cellenly on Persiana Everyday: Cookbook Giveaway
- JenThomas318 on Meat-Free Mexican Cookbook Giveaway
- JenThomas318 on Small Batch Bakes & Nordic Ware Sheet Pan Giveaway
- Sfgordon on Simply Chinese – Cookbook Giveaway
- lissajlee on Meat-Free Mexican Cookbook Giveaway
- SplashyWatermelon on Small Batch Bakes & Nordic Ware Sheet Pan Giveaway
- Jane on Food news antipasto