Julia Child comes to life in a new, different type of appApril 17, 2013 by Lindsay
Since many of you enjoy our occasional notices of interesting food-related apps, we wanted to alert you to one that Random House, the long time publisher for Julia Child, has issued – it’s a unique app that is far more than just a cooking app. In AppStorm’s just-published review of the app Mastering the Art of French Cooking, they describe this iPad app as follows:
“Mastering the Art of French Cooking tells the story of Julia’s life through a multi-media experience including audio anecdotes, rare photographs of Julia Child, original typed and handwritten letters plus vintage instructional videos by the cook herself.
This app is for Francophiles, die-hard fans of the legendary Julia Child, serious foodies and even (especially) freshman cooks. Random House, Inc. has masterfully packaged Julia’s wisdom in an app that’s everything to everyone – fresh and modern food photography paired with timeless techniques and the most popular of Julia’s recipes.”
App Storm proceeds to show the app in detail; you can read about all the details here, and figure out why they give it a 10/10. We should also note that the iTunes store also rated it “Best of 2012.” It costs $4.99 and can be downloaded here.
- abbeysophia on Advent by Anja Dunk Cookbook Giveaway
- Jenny on The last two weeks: Cookies – to spritz or not to spritz, baking recipes, cookbook previews and more
- Katlieu on Quick Bites: Kat Lieu: Modern Asian Baking at Home
- abbeysophia on Life is What You Bake It – Cookbook Giveaway with Rolling Pin and Pie Board Set
- BJacksier on Food news antipasto
- jay.moe on Peace, Love & Pasta – Cookbook Giveaway with a Pasta Machine
- jay.moe on Modernist Pizza Review and Giveaway
- infinity6361 on The Modern Larder – Veritable Garden Giveaway
- Carolyn99 on The Best of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – Cookbook Giveaway
- ickle0ne on The Best of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – Cookbook Giveaway