An homage to the artichokeMarch 7, 2013 by Lindsay
Artichokes are among our favorite vegetables – on our first
visit to Italy, it was so exciting to discover they actually put
them on pizza! But given artichokes’ regionality and the challenge
of eating them, many people avoid getting acquainted. So we wanted
to give a shout out to this article from the L.A. Times:
You may not want to prepare an all-artichoke dinner like the author, but he certainly highlights how many varied ways artichokes can be prepared. We particularly enjoyed the education in how to eat them raw, plus his advice on how to buy artichokes relatively inexpensively.
And for anyone who isn’t comfortable preparing an artichoke, here’s a selection of videos that will explain everything.
Finally, we’re not certain that many people have seen an artichoke in full-flower, so we decided to use one as the accompanying photo. Hope you enjoy it.
- paulo_b on New European Baking – Cookbook & Emile Henry Bread Cloche Giveaway and Quick Bites
- paulo_b on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- zeeenie on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- zeeenie on New European Baking – Cookbook & Emile Henry Bread Cloche Giveaway and Quick Bites
- ebs on Jenny’s Best Books of 2022 and Cookbook Gift Guide with Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Holiday Cookies & Cocktails Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Cassoulet Confessions Book Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Pasta Grannies Comfort Cooking – Cookbook Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on Pierogi by Zuza Zak – Cookbook Giveaway
- Maryd8822 on The Cocktail Cabinet Cookbook Giveaway & Quick Bites