An homage to the artichokeMarch 7, 2013 by Lindsay
Artichokes are among our favorite vegetables – on our first
visit to Italy, it was so exciting to discover they actually put
them on pizza! But given artichokes’ regionality and the challenge
of eating them, many people avoid getting acquainted. So we wanted
to give a shout out to this article from the L.A. Times:
You may not want to prepare an all-artichoke dinner like the author, but he certainly highlights how many varied ways artichokes can be prepared. We particularly enjoyed the education in how to eat them raw, plus his advice on how to buy artichokes relatively inexpensively.
And for anyone who isn’t comfortable preparing an artichoke, here’s a selection of videos that will explain everything.
Finally, we’re not certain that many people have seen an artichoke in full-flower, so we decided to use one as the accompanying photo. Hope you enjoy it.
- kmwyman on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- dbielick on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- jd5761 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- jd5761 on Sweet Paris, Cake Server and Parisian Tea Towel Giveaway – Quick Bites
- Tattybatts on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- SheenaBatey on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- ickle0ne on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- bopper on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- bopper on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway