Margaritas and GuacamoleJanuary 30, 2013 by Lindsay
We’ve recently celebrated Australia Day and Burns Night so it is only fitting that we acknowledge that great U.S. holiday – Super Bowl. And who better to do it with than Rick Bayless? And what better to do it with than margaritas and guacamole?
Bayless has a new book out called “Frontera – Margaritas, Guacamole, and Snacks” (already indexed at EYB) which gives his definitive take on those two iconic elements of Tex Mex food. If you can’t get ahold of the book in time for the game, Epicurious has come to the rescue with Guacamole and Margarita Tips from Rick Bayless. In it, they list several of his guacamole tips along with two recipes:
- Buy Avocados From a Trusted Source
- Don’t Go Nuts With Lime Juice
- Use a Potato Masher (but only for the avocado).
- Rinse Chopped Raw Onions
- Keep Your Chiles Hot
- Let It Rest
- Serve the Guac on Ice
In addition, they have recipes for a Mezcal Margarita and Guacamole with Bacon, Ramps or Green Onions, and Roasted Tomatillos.
But before you start making the guacamole, check out our previous blog on How to avoid ever buying a rotten avocado. Have a happy day and may your favorite team win.
- krnries on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- TeresaRenee on Lock your doors: it’s zucchini season
- leknit on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- lils74 on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Lesevans6 on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- kezbabybabe on What’s the best cookbook holder?
- PhillipJD on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- acecil on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway