The year’s most embarrassing live TV food momentsDecember 18, 2012 by Lindsay
We’re fans of Monty Python, which we can still catch at occasional odd hours on TV, and in that tradition we thought we’d bring you this list from the Braiser of “The 11 Most Disasterous Morning Show Cooking Segments of 2012.” Some of them have reached notoriety already, such as the infamous scene of Paula Deen groping Matt Lauer who keeps asking her “seriously” to stop while she instructs him to “rub his meat.” Other high points include Savannah Guthrie’s insulting Giada de Laurentiis’s attempt to get Savannah to try Fergus Henderson’s Blood Pudding (she also managed to insult Martha Stewart in another segment). And we love Aretha Franklin acting as the diva and ignoring the time limit the Today Show tried to put on her shrimp cooking.
These episodes put kitchen performance back in perspective. And watch out for our annual Best Cookbooks list for ideas on how to add some new excitement to your (and your grateful gift recipients’) cooking efforts in 2013.
- angiejackson on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- MarciK on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- MarciK on The Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook – Worldwide Giveaway
- kennethjohngilmour on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- CatsintheKitchen on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- CatsintheKitchen on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Pamyoungvb on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Radu321 on The Last Bite Cookbook Giveaway
- virjeania on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Skamper on Sometimes the best things come in small packages