Three no-cost ways to protect cookbooks & tablets from splattersNovember 6, 2012 by Lindsay
We’re heading into some intensive cooking weeks, so an item from America’s Test Kitchen with ideas on how to prevent cookbooks and recipe cards from getting splattered struck us as particularly useful. And they use no-cost items you probably already own – clear pot lids, ziplock bags, and clear protector sheets. You can see them demonstrated here.
And while these ideas don’t expressly mention tablets such as iPads, it occurred to us that the ziplock bags (large size) and clear protector sheets would also work admirably to protect those devices. We all seem to be using iPads more to store recipes; in fact, as an article from PC World states, extra iPads (maybe an old one) are great to keep in the kitchen as the primary recipe keeper. Check out 10 Ways to Repurpose Your Old iPad for more details and other ideas.
And if anyone has other protective ideas, feel free to share.
- krnries on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- TeresaRenee on Lock your doors: it’s zucchini season
- leknit on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- lils74 on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Lesevans6 on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- kezbabybabe on What’s the best cookbook holder?
- PhillipJD on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- acecil on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway