Porkolypse could be a tragedy of epic proportionsSeptember 27, 2012 by Lindsay
Huff Post Food is reporting that, according to the U.K. National Pig Association, a global bacon shortage is unavoidable next year. As the NPA website states: “New data shows the European Union pig herd is declining at a significant rate, and this is a trend that is being mirrored around the world. Pig farmers have been plunged into loss by high pig-feed costs, caused by the global failure of maize and soya harvests.”
And, to add further to the gloom, the Huff Post Food is accompanying this dire prediction with a photo essay of “Things Made With Bacon That Probably Shouldn’t. ” And we have to agree that bras, toupees, voodoo dolls, and rifles really shouldn’t.
However, in a follow-up article, HuffPost is giving us “7 Items to Get You Through Porkolypse.” Bacony items to stock up on include bacon jerky, bacon sundaes, and bacon sushi. And, here at EYB, we’ll do our part by keeping you informed on any breaking news.
- krnries on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- TeresaRenee on Lock your doors: it’s zucchini season
- leknit on Green Kitchen: Quick + Slow Cookbook Giveaway
- lils74 on Good & Sweet: Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Lesevans6 on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway
- kezbabybabe on What’s the best cookbook holder?
- PhillipJD on The Miller’s Daughter Quick Bites & Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on Ayla – Cookbook Giveaway
- acecil on Lanka Food: Cookbook Giveaway
- Mignumi on Cinnamon and Salt by Emiko Davies – Cookbook Giveaway