“Shades of Grey” inspired foodSeptember 6, 2012 by Lindsay
Huff Post Food has an article titled, “‘Fifty Shades of Grey’-Themed Cooking Class Has Us Cringing” that also left us a bit disconcerted. In particular, it was the part about the mother-daughter duos that attended this class in a California strip mall. We appreciate that cooking and food should bring families together, and we do see the humor in it (we think), but it still seems to make a mockery of what most of us try to achieve in the kitchen.
Here are some descriptions of the food – “There were Playroom Pretzel Ropes, Bondage Wrapped Shrimp with Vanilla Bean Citrus Beurre Blanc and, for dessert, a martini called The Flogger. Each glass of the concoction made with chocolate vodka and Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream was garnished with a shortbread cookie in the shape of a tiny, multi-tailed whip; Horn ran the dough through a garlic press to get the strands just so.”
We appreciate that Shades of Grey is a true phenomenon and it was inevitable that it would spread to the food arena – as further evidenced by these desserts inspired by the book and illustrated on BuzzFeed – but we think we’ll keep our cookies wholesome, thanks.
- kmwyman on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- dbielick on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- jd5761 on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- Twiddle on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- jd5761 on Sweet Paris, Cake Server and Parisian Tea Towel Giveaway – Quick Bites
- Tattybatts on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway
- SheenaBatey on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- ickle0ne on The Cake Book – Cookbook Giveaway
- bopper on Your Daily Veg Cookbook Giveaway
- bopper on Atsuko Ikeda – Author Quick Bites & Cookbook Set Giveaway